Chad Bironga is an Assistant Research Scientist - Economist/Socio-Economist based at KMFRI’s Lake Turkana Station. He holds a BSc in Economics and Statistics from the University of Nairobi and is registered for the Master of Research and Public Policy for classes starting January, 2019 at the same university.
He undertook training in Research Methodology at Pwani University through a studentship of the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL) hosted by the KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme and Africa Academy of Sciences (AAS). He is also a trained accountant (CPA Section IV)
Chadwick is currently a student of Certified Public Accountancy Section III&IV and is seeking for opportunities to enroll for an MSc soon.
Conferences and workshops
- Mikoko Project Initial Workshop: Conservation and resilience of Kenya’s mangrove forests held from 11th to 13th September, 2019 by the Embassy of France.
- Sixth International Interdisciplinary Conference (IIC6) held from 4th to 6th September 2019 at the University of Eldoret.
- Ninth Great Lakes of the World (GLOW9) Conference held from 5th to 7th August, 2019 in Kisumu, Kenya.
- Inland Water Monitoring and Ecosystem Management Workshop and Training held from 24th June to 1st July, 2019 at the Tanzania Fisheries Research Institute (TAFIRI) Headquarters.
- Sustainable Blue Economy Conference held from 26th to 28th November, 2018 in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Lake Turkana National Parks Area Management Plan National Working Group workshop held from 27th to 29th November, 2017 in Nanyuki, Kenya by the Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS).
- BSc Economics and Statistics, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Certification on Inland Water Monitoring and Ecosystem Management, East African Great Lakes and Urban Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Ongoing Masters of Economics, University of Nairobi, Kenya