• Carry out research projects
• Field data collection, analysis and interpretation
• Scientific report writing
• Research trainee in marine program
• Participate in seminars on research practice in marine programs
Member of the Western Indian Ocean Marine Science Association (WIOMSA)
• Msc. In Fisheries (underway)
• Bsc. Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences
As an assistant research officer and a graduate from Moi University, holding BSc Fisheries and aquatic sciences, I have been actively participated in local and international funded projects in KMFRI for various marine research project. These projects assisted me to develop new research proposals.
• Working with colleagues from other departments, I was involved in carrying lobster stock assessment project in Lamu, contributing to the accomplishment of Kenya Coastal Development projects (KCDP) – component 2 mandate.
• Apart from my Msc. project on the small-scale tuna fishery in Kenya, I was involved in other projects, through participatory group project meetings that resulted in advancing communication skills.
• I was involved in technical working groups in developing national lobster management plans.
• Supervising Internship/ attached students within KMFRI