National Assembly Agriculture Committee Chair Hon Silas Tiren (seated 4th left) with his committee members pose for a photo with KMFRI BoM Chair Hon John Mumba (seated 2nd right) with his Board members and KMFRI DG Prof James Njiru at KMFRI, Mombasa, on 27th July 2021.
PS-SDFA & BE Dr. F. Owino, DG KMFRI Prof J. Njiru, DG KeFS D.Mungai, Fisheries Secretary Ms. L. Obungu for Fisheries and other stakeholders at the 2020 Frame Survey Validation Workshop at Kisumu Hotel on Saturday, 5th June, 2021
PS SDFA & BE Dr Francis Owino KMFRI BoM Chairman Hon John Safari Mumba, KMFRI DG Prof James Njiru held an interactive meeting with KMFRI scientists on 25/05/2021
KMFRI DG Prof James Njiru with NRF top officials who included Board member Prof Walter Oyawa, who paid him a courtesy call on 18/05/21.
Dr. Odoli (far left), Dr. Nyamwea (far right) and Ms. Safina Musa (second right) with participants during the sensitization for cage farmers (women groups) in Homa Bay County on fish value addition from 10th to 13th May 2021.
On 7th May, 2021 Director General KMFRI Prof. James Njiru (3rd left) joined CS Wildlife & Tourism in the launch of National Wildlife Census 2021 at Shimba Hills National Reserve, Kwale County. With them was DG KWS Brig (Rtd) J. Waweru (R), DG KMA R.Njue (4th L), Dr P.Omondi Director WRTI (2nd L). Census will also include Marine Mega Fauna along Kenya coast
KMFRI Director General, Prof. James Njiru (3rd right) with Governor Uasin Gishu County, HE Jackson Mandago (centre) and other County Officials in Eldoret during a consultative meeting on 3rd May, 2021 to establish KMFRI Station in the County
PS SDFA & BE Dr Francis Owino (centre), KMFRI BoM Chair Hon John Mumba (2nd right), KMFRI Director Prof James Njiru (left) during a courtesy call to Mombasa County commissioner Mr Gilbert Kitiyo.
The newly appointed Principal Secretary SDFA & BE Dr Francis O. Owino (seated centre) during his maiden visit at KMFRI Mombasa headquarters on 2nd March 2021.
Kenya Launches a coral reef fish project (Funded by Japan/FAO) to improve food security, livelihoods and maritime safety through increased resilience of coastal fishing communities
KMFRI Mombasa Center Director, Dr. Eric Okuku (centre) representing KMFRI Director and Assistant Director (Projects & Collaborations/CD Shimoni) Dr. James Kairo (right), meet Dr. Mathieu Guerin from France Embassy to explore possible research collaboration with French institutions.
KMFRI Director, Prof. James Njiru (right) exchange MoU with VC Pioneer International University, Dr Gideon Maina (left), this SDFA & BE MoU is on several areas of collaboration that includes Kenya Fisheries Services. The ceremony was witnessed by outgoing PS Prof. Micheni Ntiba on on 22nd Feb. 2021at Kilimo House, Nairobi
KMFRI Director, Prof. James Njiru (right) and Mombasa CD, Dr. Erick Okuku during the World Wetlands day on 2nd February, 2021 held at Sabaki Estuary, the celebration was officiated by the CS for Environment and Forestry Mr. Keriako Tobiko who led government officials and communities in planting mangrove trees
Director KMFRI Prof. James Njiru (right) with Deputy Director Freshwater System, Dr. Christopher Aura (centre) and Ag. ADF, Kenya Fisheries Services, Mr. Simon Munguti (left) during the Launch of Electronic Catch Assessment Survey (e-CAS) system and Stake Holder’s Engagement and dissemination Workshop on Environmental Clean-up and Mentorship Framework at Sosa Cottages in Vihiga County on 4 - 5th Jan, 2021
Dr Jonathan Munguti is a Principal Research Scientists in KMFRI, a Deputy Director and Head of Aquaculture Division in the Institution, in-charge of coordinating research and administrative functions in the division to ensure research activities are aligned to the Institute’s strategic plan, vision and mandate. He is trained in Senior Management and a Strategic Leadership from Kenya School of Government, Mombasa and Embu respectively. During his academic and research experience spanning over 18 years, he has collaborated in the development of donor funded research projects at national, regional and international levels including (BOMOSA, ESP, KAPAP and KCSAP Projects. He has authored over 60 scientific publications i.e., peer-reviewed journal articles, books/book chapters, conference proceedings, technical and consultancy reports. Dr Munguti has served as a Joint Secretary to the National Aquaculture Development Working Group and has vast knowledge on fish nutrition and has headed several National taskforces including the Economic Stimulus Program (ESP) Feed component aimed at promoting aquaculture growth through quality and affordable fish feeds in the country. He is a facilitator in the Fisheries and Aquaculture Module in the International MSc. Program in Limnology & Wetland Ecosystems offered by Egerton University (Kenya) and University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences (Austria) under the support of UNESCO-IHE DELFT. Dr Munguti has successfully supervised 5 PhD students and 21 MSc students from Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Austria and the Netherlands. Dr Munguti served as a taskforce member of the Kenya Agriculture Sector Transformation & Development Strategy (ASTDS). He is member of National Technical Advisory Committee (NTAC) for National Agricultural and Rural Inclusive Growth Project (NARIGP) and a member of Research Grants Management Committee (RGMC), in the World bank Kenya Climate Smart Agriculture Project (KCSAP). He sits in Kenya Marine & Fisheries Research institute (KMFRI) Scientific and Technical Management Committee which guides research agenda for the organization.
- Publications: Research gate link: https://www. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jonathan_Munguti
- Google Scholar link:
- Academia edu: https://www.academia.edu/people/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q
- 2004 - 2007: PhD Aquaculture Nutrition, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life sciences Vienna, Austria
- 2000-2001: Environmental science and technology (Limnology & Wetland Ecosystems) IHE. Delft the Netherlands
- 1995-1999: B. Ed Sc. Hons (Zoology/chemistry), Moi University, Eldoret, Kenya
- Munguti J.M., Obiero K., Odame H, Kirimi J., Kyule D., Ani J. and D Liti (2021) Key limitations of fish feeds, feed management practices, And opportunities in Kenya’s aquaculture enterprise African Journal of Food Agriculture Nutrition & Development 21(2): 17415-17434; https://doi.org/10.18697/ajfand.97.20455
- Munguti J.M., Kirimi J. G., Obiero K O., Ogello E.O., Kyule D., Liti D. M & L. M. Musalia (2021) Aqua-Feed Wastes: Impact on Natural Systems and Practical Mitigations—A Review Journal of Agricultural Science; 13 (1) 1916-9760
- Fonda J. A., Opiyo M. A., Obiero, K. O., Munguti J. M., Abwao J., Nyonje B.M., Nevejan N and G. V. Stappen (2021) Aquaculture extension service in Kenya: Farmers and extension officers’ perspectives Journal of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development 13(1),14-22
- Kyule D. N., Fonda J.A, Ochiewo J., Munguti J.M, Obiero K.O, Ogello E.O., Opiyo M.A., Abwao J. and J. Kendi (2020) Perceived consumer preferences of fisheries products retailed in Kenyan markets Bioscience Research 17(4): 2486-2496
- Opiyo M. A., Obiero K. O., Abwao J., Fonda J. A., Kyule D., Munguti (2020) Comparative Growth Performance of Genetically Male, Sex Reversed, and Mixed-Sex Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) Reared in Earthen Ponds in Sagana, Kenya Aquaculture Studies, 21(1) 23-30, http://doi.org/10.4194/2618-6381-v21_1_0
- Kirimi J G., Musalia L.M., Magana A. & Munguti JM (2019) Protein Quality of Rations for Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) Containing Oilseed Meals Journal of Agricultural Science 12, 2 ISSN 1916-9752 E-ISSN 1916-9760
- Kirimi J G., Musalia L.M., Magana A. & Munguti JM (2019) Enzyme Assay to determine optimum crude papain level on plant protein diets for Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis Niloticus) International Journal of Life Sciences Research ISSN 2348-3148 7, 4, pp: (40-48)
- Obiero K.O, Waidbacher H., Nyawanda B.O, MungutiM & Manyala J.O., Kaunda-A. B (2019) Predicting uptake of aquaculture technologies among smallholder fish farmers in Kenya, Aquaculture International https://doi.org/10.1007/s10499-019-00423-0
- Fonda, J. A., Obiero, K., Munguti, J., Oginga, J.O., Kyule, D., Opiyo, M. A., Oduor-Odote, P., Yongo, E., Owiti, H. & Ochiewo, J. (2019). Market linkages and distribution channels of cultured, captured and imported fish in Kenya Aquaculture studies, 19(1), http://doi.org/10.4194/2618-6381-v19_1_06
- Kihia CM, Gitonga LM, Tembo J, E Kanyeki, J Munguti & B Muli (2018) Fishing power of conventionally harvested wetland baitworms compared to black soldier fly larvae as alternative baits in tropical artisanal hook fishery, International Journal of Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Marijani, Wainaina J. M., Charo-Karisa H., Nzayisenga L., Munguti J., Gnonlonfin G. J. B., Kigadye E., & S. Okoth (2017) Mycoflora and mycotoxins in finished fish feed and feed ingredients from smallholder farms in East Africa Egyptian Journal of Aquatic Research 43 169–176
- Orina, P.S., Charo-Karisa, H., Munguti, J.M., Boera, P., Abwao, J., Kyule, D., Opiyo M. A., Marcial H. & Rasowo, J. O. (2018). A Comparative Study of Labeo victorianus (Bouelenger, 1901) and Oreochromis niloticus (Linnaeus, 1758) in Polyculture Systems (Lakes & Reservoirs: Research and Management, 1-7)
- Aloo PA, Charo-Karisa H, Munguti J.M & B. Nyonje (2017) A Review on the Potential of Aquaculture Development in Kenya for Poverty Alleviation and Food Security. African Journal Food Agriculture Nutrition Development 17 (1): 11832-11847
- Omondi G., Otachi E & Munguti (2017) Growth performance of mixed sex Nile tilapia in cage monoculture and Polyculture with African catfish. Aquaculture International DOI 10.1007/s10499-017-0143
- Omolo K. M, Onyango A, Magoma G, Munguti J, Masinde WP & K. Ogila (2017). Effect of varying dietary proportions of linseed and olive oils on fatty acid composition of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) and African catfish (Clarias gariepinus) under aquaponics culture system. African Journal of Fisheries Science ISSN 2375-0715 5 (3) 238-248
- Ogello, EO. & Munguti J.M (2016) Aquaculture: a promising solution for food insecurity, poverty and malnutrition in Kenya. African Journal of Food Agriculture, Nutrition and Development, 16 (4): 11332 – 11351
- Kirimi J. G., Musalia L. M. & Munguti J. M. (2016) Effect of replacing fish meal with blood meal on chemical composition of supplement for Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) East African Agricultural & Forestry Journal http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00128325.2016.1158898
- Ogello E., Kembenya R., Githukia C., Aera C., Munguti J.M. & Nyamweya C.S. (2016) Substitution of fish meal with sunflower seed meal in diets for Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) reared in earthen ponds. Journal of Applied Aquaculture http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10454438.2016.1275074
- Opiyo, M.A., Orina, P., Kyule, D., Munguti, J. M. Nyonje, B.M. & Charo-Karisa, H. (2016) Growth performance and survival of three African Catfish (Clarias gariepinus, Burchell 1882) strains reared in hapas in Kenya. Bulletin of Animal Health and Production in Africa Special Edition 2016 - Fisheries and Aquaculture Resources, 64 (2): 31 – 39. ISSN 0378 – 9721.
- Kyule, D. Opiyo, M.A. Ogello E., Obiero, K. Maranga, B., Orina, P., Charo-Karisa, H. & Munguti, J. 2016. Determination of Fish Value Added Product- Preferences among the Residents of Wote Town, Makueni County, Kenya. Bulletin of Animal Health and Production in Africa Special Edition 2016 - Fisheries and Aquaculture Resources 64 (2): 69 – 78.
- Kirimi, J.G, Musalia1 L.M Magana A. & Munguti J.M (2016) Performance of Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) Fed Diets Containing Blood Meal as a Replacement of Fish Meal. Journal of Agricultural Science; 8 (8) 1916-9760.
- Ogello E.O, Kembenya E.M, Obiero K.O, & M. Munguti (2016) Effects of Nicotina tobacum (Linnaeus) on the survival and behavioral response of the freshwater leeches, Hirudinaria sp. International Journal of Aquatic Science 7 (1) 19-24
- Obiero K. O, Abila R. O, Njiru M. J., Raburu P. O, Achieng A O., 4 Kundu R, 5 Erick O. Ogello E. O, Munguti J M. & Lawrence T, (2015) The challenges of management: Recent experiences in implementing fisheries co-management in Lake Victoria, Kenya. Lakes and Reservoirs: Research and Management 20: 1–16
- Githukia, C.M., Ogello, E.O., Kembenya, E., Achieng’, A.O. & Munguti, J.M. (2015) Comparative growth performance of monosex (males) and mixed sex Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus ) reared in earthen ponds. Croatian Journal of Fisheries, 42-53
- Munguti, J.M., Ogello, E.O., Liti D., Waidbacher, H., Straif, M & Zollitsch, W. (2014) Effects of pure and crude papain on the utilization and digestibility of diets containing hydrolyzed feather meal by Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) International Journal of Advanced Research 2 (6) 809-822
- Opiyo M.A., Munguti J.M., Ogello E.O. & Charo-Karisa H. (2014) Growth Response, Survival and Profitability of Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) Fed at Different Feeding Frequencies in Fertilized Earthen Ponds. International Journal of Science and Research. 3 (9) 2319-7064
- Musa S M., Orina P S., Aura C M., Kundu R, Ogello E. O. & Munguti J M (2014) The Effects of Dietary Levels of Protein and Greenhouse on Growth, Behaviour and Fecundity of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) Broodstock. International Journal of Science and Research 3 (10) 2271-2278
- Munguti, J.M., Musa, S., Orina, P.S., Kyule, D.N., Opiyo, M. A. Charo-Karisa, H & Ogello, E.O. (2014). An overview of current status of Kenyan fish feed industry and feed management practices, challenges and opportunities. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies; 1(6): 128-137. ISSN: 2347-5129
- Abwao J. O, Boera P.N, Munguti J. M, Orina P.S & Ogello E.O (2014) Effect of Different Artificial Diets on the Culture Potential of Labeo victorianus (Boulenger, 1909) Reared in Aquaria. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies 2(1): 147-152
- Munguti, J. M., Mugiranea, J. K. & Ogello, E. O. (2014) An Overview of the Kenyan Aquaculture Sector; Current status, Challenges and Opportunities for Future Development. Fisheries and aquatic sciences, 17(1), 1-11.
- Aera C. N., Kembenya E. M., Ogello E.O, Githukia C.M, Andrew Yasindi A., Outa N & Munguti J.M (2015) Length-Weight Relationship and Condition Factor of Common Carp (cyprinus Carpio) In Lake Naivasha, Kenya. International Journal of Current Research, 6 (09) 8286-8292.
- Kembenya E. M, Ogello E.O, Githukia C. M., Aera C.N., Omondi R & Munguti J. M (2014) Seasonal Changes of Length -Weight Relationship and Condition Factor of Five Fish Species in Lake Baringo, Kenya
- Ogello E. O., Munguti J. M., Sakakura Y. & Hagiwara A (2014) Complete Replacement of Fish Meal in the Diet of Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) Grow-out with Alternative Protein Sources. A review. International Journal of Advanced Research 2 (8) 962-978
- Kembenya E. Migiro Erick Ochieng Ogello & Jonathan Mbonge Munguti (2014) The Length-Weight Relationship and Condition Factor of Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus ) Broodstock at Kegati Aquaculture Research Station, Kisii, Kenya International Journal of Advanced Research, 2 (5) 777-782
- Kyule D. N, E Yongo, M A Opiyo, K Obiero, J M Munguti & H Charo-Karisa (2014) Fish product development and market trials of fish and fish products in Kenya: a case study of Kirinyaga and Meru Counties, Livestock Research for Rural Development 26 (06)
- Orina P S, J G Maina, S M Wangia, E G Karuri, P G Mbuthia, B Omolo, G O Owiti, S Musa & J M Munguti (2014) Situational analysis of Nile tilapia and African catfish hatcheries management: a case study of Kisii and Kirinyaga counties in Kenya, Livestock Research for Rural Development 26 (05)
- Obiero, K., Opiyo, M.A., Munguti, M.J., Orina, P.S., Kyule, D., Yongo, E., Githukia, C.M. & Charo-Karisa, H. (2014). Consumer preference and marketing of farmed Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) and African Catfish (Clarias gariepinus) in Kenya: Case Study of Kirinyaga and Vihiga Counties, International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic studies 1(5): 67-76. ISSN: 2347-5129.
- Orina P.S.,M. Munguti, M.A. Opiyo, & H.C. Karisa (2014) Optimization of Seed and Broodstock Transport Densities for Improved Survival of Cultured Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus, L. 1758) International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic studies 1(5): 157-161
- Opiyo M.A., Githukia, C.M., Munguti J.M. & Charo-Karisa, H. (2014) Growth performance, carcass composition and profitability of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus ) fed commercial and on-farm formulated fish feed in earthen ponds. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies, 1(5): 12-17. ISSN: 2347-5129.
- Ogello E. O, Musa S.M, Aura C.M, Abwao J O & Munguti J M (2014) An Appraisal of the Feasibility of Tilapia Production in Ponds Using Biofloc Technology: A review. International Journal of Aquatic Science (ISSN: 2008-8019) Indexed in: Thomson Reuters (ISI)
- Ogello, E. O, Obiero K.O & Munguti J.M (2013) Lake Victoria and the Common Property Debate: Is the Tragedy of the Commons a threat to its future? Journal of Lakes, reservoirs and ponds - Volume 7(2) ISSN: 1844-6477
- Ogello EO, Mlingi FT, Nyonje BM, Charo-Karisa H & JM Munguti (2013) Can integrated livestock-fish culture be a solution to east Africa’s food insecurity? A review Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development (AJFAND). Volume 13 No. 4 September 2013. ISSN NO 16845374
- Charo-Karisa, H., Opiyo, M.A., Munguti, J.M., Marijani, E. & Nzayisenga, L. (2013). Cost benefit analysis and growth effects of pelleted and unpelleted farm made feeds on African catfish (Clarias gariepinus) in earthen ponds. Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development (AJFAND). Volume 13 No. 4 September 2013. ISSN NO 16845374.
- Musa S. M, Aura C M, Ogello E O, Omondi R, Charo-Karisa H & Munguti J M (2013) Haematological Response of African Catfish (Clarias gariepinus Burchell 1822) Fingerlings Exposed to Different Concentrations of Tobacco (Nicotiana tobaccum) Leaf Dust. ISRN Zoology, Article ID 492613,7 pages
- Munguti J.M, Charo-Karisa H, Opiyo M, Ogello E, Marijani E, Nzayisenga L & D Liti (2012). Nutritive value and availability of commonly used feed ingredients for farmed Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus L.) and African catfish (Clarias gariepinus, Burchell) in Kenya, Rwanda and Tanzania, Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development 12 (3) 6135- 6155.
- A. Kassahun, H. Waidbacher, J. M. Munguti & W. J. Zollitsch (2012) Locally available feedstuffs for small-scale aquaculture in Ethiopia – a review. Journal for Land Management, Food and Environment Die Bodenkultur 51 63 (2–3)
- Ogello E. O; R. Omondi, Opiyo M; H Charo, J.M. Munguti & C. M. Aura (2012) Survival and Avoidance Response of the Freshwater Gastropod Melanoides tuberculatus (Muller) to Different Concentrations of Tobacco Waste, Aquaculture Research, 43 1571-1576
- T.M, D. L. Nyende, S. Kagoda, J.M Munguti. & W. W. Mwanja. (2010) Characterisation of Fish Oils of Mukene (Rastrineobola argentae) of Nile Basin Waters – Lake Victoria, Lake Kyoga and the Victoria Nile River. Tropical Freshwater Biology, 19 (1) 49 – 58
- Florio, A. Gustinelli, M. Caffara, F. Turci, F. Quaglio, R. Konecny, T. Nikowitz, E. M. Wathuta, A. Magana, E. O. Otachi, G. K. Matolla, H. W. Warugu, D. Liti, R. Mbaluka, B. Thiga, J. Munguti J.M., P. Akoll, W. Mwanja, K. Asaminew, Z. Tadesse, & M. L. Fioravanti (2009) Veterinary and public health aspects in tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus niloticus) aquaculture in Kenya, Uganda and Ethiopia. Ittiopatologia 6, 51-93
- Charo-Karisa, H., Munguti J.M., Waidbacher H., Liti D. & W. Zollitsch (2009) Low-input cage culture: towards food security and livelihood improvement in rural Kenya EC FP7 Project, SARNISSA
- Nalwanga R, Liti, D.M, Waidbacher H, MungutiM. & W. Zollitsch (2009) Monitoring the nutritional value of feed components for aquaculture along the supply chain – an East African case study. Journal of Livestock Research for Rural Development 21 (9) 1-12.
- Munguti J.M., Waidbacher H., Liti D.M., Straif M. & Zollitsch W. (2009) Effects of substitution of freshwater shrimp meal (Caridina nilotica Roux) with hydrolyzed feather meal on growth performance and apparent digestibility in Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) under different culture conditions. Journal of Livestock Research for Rural Development, 21 (8) 1-13.
- Munguti J.M., Liti D.M., Waidbacher H., Straif M. & Zollitsch W. (2006) proximate composition of selected potential feedstuffs for fish production in Kenya. Austrian Journal of Agricultural Research, 57 (3) 131 -141
- M. Liti, R.M. Mugo, J.M. Munguti & H. Waidbacher (2006). Growth and economic performance of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus L.) fed on three brans (maize, wheat and rice) in fertilized ponds. Aquaculture Nutrition, 12 1-7
- Waidbacher H., Liti D.M., Fungomeli M., Mbaluka R.K., Munguti J.M. & Straif M. (2006) Influence of feeding rates and pond fertilization on growth performance measures, economic returns and water quality in a small-scale cage-cum-pond integrated system for production of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) Aquaculture Research, 37, 594-600.
- Liti D.M., Waidbacher H., Straif M., Mbaluka R.K., Munguti J.M. & Kyenze M.M (2006) Effects of partial and complete replacement of freshwater shrimp meal (Caridina nilotica Roux) with a mixture of plant protein sources on growth performance of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) in fertilized ponds. Aquaculture Research, 36, 746-752.
- Liti D.M., Fulanda B., Munguti J.M., Straif M., Waidbacher H. & Winkler G. (2005) Effects of open-pond density and caged biomass of Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus ) on growth, feed utilization, economic returns and water quality in fertilized ponds. Aquaculture Research, 36, 1535-1543.
- Liti D.M., Munguti J.M., Kreuzinger N., & Kummer H. (2005) Effects of sodium chloride on water quality and growth of Oreochromis niloticus in earthen ponds, African Journal of Ecology, 43, 170-176
- Liti D.M, Cherop L., Munguti J.M. & Chhorn, L. (2005) Growth and economic performance of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) fed on two formulated diets and two locally available feeds in fertilized ponds. Aquaculture Research, 36, 746-752
- Liti D.M &M. Munguti. (2002) Use of local technology to promote aquaculture development in Sagana Kenya and Aquaculture development in Kenya. Aquanews. 17 (4) pp 1-3 USA
- Liti D & Munguti J.M. (2002) Aquaculture development in Kenya. Aquanews. 17 (4) pp 5
AUTHOR BOOKS & BOOK CHAPTERS
- Munguti, J.M., Obiero K., Kyule D, Orina, P S, Githukia C.M, Opiyo M.A, Fonda J.A, Elijah E, Ondiba R., Abwao J, Musa S, and Njiru J. (2020) Training of Trainers (ToT) manual for aquaculture value chain, Master Trainers’ Manual, Kenya Climate Smart Agriculture Project (KCSAP) Secretariat, KALRO Headquarters, Nairobi, Kenya
- Munguti, M., Obiero, K. O., Orina, P.S., Musa, S., Mwaluma, J., Mirera, D.O, Ochiewo, J. Kairo, J. and Njiru J. M. (Eds.) (2017). State of Aquaculture in Kenya. Laxpress Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Obiero, K. O., Munguti, J. M., Mutune, D. M., and Njiru, J. M. (2017). Overview of Aquaculture in Kenya. In: Munguti et al. (eds.), State of Aquaculture in Kenya, Chapter 1, pp 1?9, Laxpress Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Mirera, D., Obiero, K.O., Mwaluma, , Munguti, J.M. (2017). Aquaculture Research, Education and Training in Kenya. In: Munguti et al. (eds.), State of Aquaculture in Kenya, Chapter 6, pp 54?61, Laxpress Services, Nairobi, Kenya
- Ochiewo, J., Obiero, K. O., Munguti, J.M., Njiru, J.M. (2017). Legal, Policy and Institutional Frameworks Guiding Aquaculture Development in Kenya. In: Munguti et al. (eds.), State of Aquaculture in Kenya, Chapter 7, pp 62?71, Laxpress Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Ochiewo, J., Obiero, K.O., Ogello, E.O., Awuor, J.F., Munguti, J.M., (2017). Social and Economic Impacts of Aquaculture in Kenya. In: Munguti et al. (eds.), State of Aquaculture in Kenya, Chapter 9, pp 80?87, Laxpress Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Kyule-Muendo D., Munguti J.M, Opiyo M. A., Obiero K. O., Githukia C. M., Orina P.S., Njiru J.M.& Charo-Karisa H. (2017) Fish Recipe Book, Vol. 1, Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI), Kenya Literature Bureau, Nairobi, Kenya. 45pp
- Opiyo M, Charo-Karisa H., Obiero K., Munguti J., Orina P.S., Ogello E.O., Nyoro J., Kyule D.N., Nyonje B., and Omollo B.O., (2017). Overview of Good Aquaculture Practices in Kenya. Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI), 34pp.
- Opiyo M., Charo-Karisa H., Nyonje B., Omollo, B.M., Orina P.S., Wainaina M., Obiero K. & Munguti (2017). Good Aquaculture Practices in Seed Production in Kenya. (KMFRI), Kenya Literature Bureau, Kenya 60pp.
- Munguti J.M (2015) Linking fish production with markets in Kenya in: KAPP and IIRR. 2015. Fruits of our toil: Increasing agricultural productivity and incomes of smallholder farmers in Kenya. Kenya Agricultural Productivity Programme and International Institute of Rural Reconstruction, Nairobi.
- Charo-Karisa H, Munguti J., Ouma H., Masai D.M., Opiyo M., Orina P.S & Okech J.K (2011) Fish farmers manual, for beginner’s students and hatchery managers, Kenya Marine & Fisheries Research Institute. River brooks Communication Network publishers, Nairobi Kenya
- Liti D.M. & M. Munguti (2003) Utilization of organic resources in fish farming. In Savala C. E. N. Omare, Woomer P.L (Eds) Organic resource management in Kenya Perspectives and Guidelines. 6:43-50